Last autumn a number of the old cherry trees were felled and replaced by new trees in the late winter. We retained some of the larger trunks and these have now been converted into 3 benches.

Cherry tree bench bench detail 1935All of the new benches have now been installed within the area of the cherry tree trefoil at the south end of  the Park with 2 on the path by the burn with one at the top of the slope near the Comiston Road entrance.

The wood for the benches came  from  trees from which were planted in November 1935 by the Guides Association to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of King George V and Queen Mary. To maintain this link the date of 1935 has been carved a leg of each bench.